On Monday I dropped a book on some paint to create “Blackened” but I didn’t get quite the result I was looking for. I still feeling angry, still looking to get some aggression out, I broke out a hammer to create “Pulverized” on Tuesday.
I love this one.
I started with a blob of various reds on white paper, then added a dash of a dark green. I placed a sheet of bubble wrap over it, bubble-side down. Then I smashed the blob with a hammer.
The spray is what I was looking for when I first did “Blackened.” The green mixing to become black feels highly appropriate. While “Blackened” looks like something was infected, “Pulverized” shows something that has been destroyed. And I wanted to destroy something.