“Sky” was my second attempt at a new form of power tools art project: Using a leaf blower to push paint around on a page.
My first attempt with this method didn’t really turn out but I learned a lot from it, leading to this one (and probably to future attempts).
I custom mixed a bunch of different blues for this, as well as a white and a dash of silver. I dropped it all onto the page in a random pattern, then hit it with a leaf blower to spread the paint around.
In my first attempt I used a lot more paint, which ended up with almost the entire page filled in a way that really wasn’t what I was going for. So on this try I used quite a bit less and got more of the result that I wanted. I also taped the page down from the back, rather than from an edge, so that I wouldn’t have a tape line to worry about.
I really like how this one turned out but I also think there’s potential here that I haven’t unlocked yet. I’ll keep playing with this idea and see what else I can do with it.